2000-2001 Season Nuggets News
- Nuggets suspend Nick Van Exel on
4/3 for missing two workouts without contacting team officials.
- Ex-Nuggets guard Anthony Goldwire was
signed for the rest of the season to back up Van Exel and Pack, after
playing for 2 10-day contracts. Welcome back, Goldie!
- Silent Stan speaks at the All-Star game, but
I wish he would have just kept his mouth shut. The Nuggets rich, but
often quiet new owner - Stan Kroenke spoke out against Raef LaFrentz,
saying that he wished he had been the owner of the Nuggets when we
the third overall selection in 1998 - he would have picked Carter.
We've been down this path before, and this doesn't help anyone or
Raef is not the same player, sure, and yes Vince is one of the most
exciting players in the NBA right now - no refuting that. But, at
time we needed a solid big guy to shore up the middle, and at times
Raef has really provided that need. No, he's not perfect, but he gives
the Nuggets solid blocking and rebounding, and at times he can really
fill it up. By the way, in his next game Raef dropped 21 points on
shooting against the best defensive team in the league - the Knicks.
Hang in there Raef, we need you if we are going to make the playoffs.
- After a nervous start, McDyess had a great showing
in his first ever All-Star game. He was 4-9 from the field with 8
and he added 8 rebounds and 2 assists, and a steal. Congratulations
- Word has it that the NBA got a clue and has
juggled their national TV lineup - putting the Nuggets/Raptors on
TNT this coming
- Antonio McDyess was named as an alternate by
the NBA coaches to play in his first All-Star game on February 10th.
He is the first Nuggets player to be selected since Dikembe Mutombo
- Nick Van Exel ruptures a tendon on the bottom
of his right foot during 3rd quarter action against the Mavericks
1/27. More news expected on his condition on Monday.
- Nuggets and Raptors swap 6 players on 1/12!
Nuggets send Keon Clark, Tracy Murray, and Mamadu N'diaye to the Raptors
exchange for Kevin Wills, Garth Joseph, and Aleksandar Radojevic.
- At 20-15, it was the first time the Nuggets
were 5 games over .500 since the 1989-1990 season.
- Nuggets bring Cheaney off IR, put Abdul-Wahad
on it with a bad case of the flu
- Nuggets fall back to .500, losing to Dallas
on the road: 108-84
- Nuggets win home opener, beating Golden State:
101 - 97
- Nuggets lose their season opener in Seattle:
- McDyess scores 24 points in annual Blue-Gold
- Nuggets trade Popeye Jones to Washington
- get Tracy Murray in exchange.
- McDyess Update - 20 and 15
pts, in each of the last several Dream Team victories in Sydney as
the team wins the Gold Medal.
- Ex-Nugget Abdul-Rauf returns to NBA,
signs with Grizzlies.
- Antonio McDyess is Olympic
Sydney bound - replacing injured Tim Duncan.
- Nuggets resign Abdul-Wahad and fan favorite
- Nuggets trade away Chris Gatling, get
Voshon Lenard and Mark Strickland from Heat.
- Nuggets sign both 2000 draft picks